Can healthy and tasty be used in the same sentence? Oh, yes it can! Here’s Irina’s jucy recipe for healthy banana bread.
Irina, BARA’s very own italian, working in customer services, has a delicious recipe for a healthy banana bread without sugar! And this recipe, she wants to share with YOU.
Read more: Make Healthy Protein Pancakes
Even though this is called a Banana BREAD, this delicious dish could easily pass as cake – and who doesn't love cake?
Healthy Banana Bread recipe list of ingredients:
- 3–4 ripe bananas (approx. 400 g)
- 260 g flour (white flour or whole wheat flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 g salt
- 100 g honey (or Stevia; 2–3 ts). You can also choose not to add any of this.
- 1 g baking soda
- 5 g cinnamon powder
- 100 g butter (for a healthier version of it, have coconut oil instead of butter)
- 5 g vanilla powder
How to make healthy banana bread?
- Start by melting butter on the stove pot and turn the baking oven on 180 °Celsius (or 356 °Fahrenheit).
- While the butter is melting, peel and smash the bananas in a bowl. Smash till the bananas are fully mashed.
- When the butter is melted, take it off the stove to cool down.
- In another bowl, add eggs, vanilla powder and honey (or Stevia).
- Take the banana mash and add it to the other bowl. Stir till everything is blended together.
- In a third bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Stir till everything is well blended, then add the melted butter (must not be too hot!).
- Lastly, add all the ingredients in one bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add the mix in a buttered loaf pan (you can also use a baking sheet) and bake at 180 °C for 60 min.
- When the time is up, stick a wooden toothpick in the middle of the bread to check if it is fully baked. If it’s done, take out the Healthy Banana Bread and let it rest for 5 min. before serving.
Planning on making this Banana Bread? Share a picture with us on BARA Community or in social media with the hashtag #barasportswear.