It can be hard to know where to start when buying workout tights. There are so many options! That’s why we’ve created this guide to buying women’s tights/leggings!
There are so many different types of women's tights/leggings. We stock black tights, printed tights, tights with pockets (they’re a personal favourite by the way), high waist tights, yoga tights and tights with compression.
Before buying workout tights/leggings, you need to decide on a few different things:
- What are your personal preferences when it comes to fit and other features?
Do you like your leggings to be tight or more of a loose fit? Do you like high waist? Black or printed tights? Do you need a place to put your mobile or keys?
- At what setting will you be wearing the tights and what activity will you be doing? Perhaps you're a runner? Weightlifting? Yoga? Relax at home?
- Know your personal preferences
- Are the tights going to be used in a special activity?
> Still not sure? Take a look at our size guide
When it comes to gym tights there are lots of choices. Some leggings focus on performance and others just on appearance and style. We believe that our tights can deliver both!
The SHAPE leggings come in five trendy colours: Black, blue, grey, wine, pine and are one of our most popular leggings for superior comfort and performance. We have tested this luxury fabric for years before we found a perfect fabric mix. It is super soft to the touch and feels great while you wear it.
> Shop the SHAPE Tights Collection
They are extra high waisted, so you can wear them with just a sports bra or crop top if you like. They are made with sweat-wicking fabrics so that the harder you work at the gym, the more they perform.
These leggings are best for gym workouts and the design is simple and minimalistic enough to be worn as everyday leggings. They are also perfect for low impact exercises like walking or yoga.
What To Look For In Gym Leggings:
- Squat proof! No one wants to flash their undies. All of BARA Sportswear's tights are luckily a 100 % non-see-through and squat proof.
- Quality Fabric: Moisture wicking materials
- Comfortable: Doesn't slip down – stay's in place!
- Flexible: Unique 4-way stretch and recovery features
> See all Gym Leggings for Women
Black Workout Tights
Everyone needs at least one pair of black leggings. Black tights are something that you can wear with almost anything. Hitting the gym and going for lunch with friends right after? A black pair of tights is a must-have in any modern wardrobe.
The worst thing ever is to buy a pair of black tights just to discover that they're see-through ... This is why research beforehand is important. See-through tights are often a result of cheap and thin fabric. PRO TIP: Bad reviews will reveal this!
BARA Sportswear's black tights have thousands of 5+ star ratings and reviews from happy customers worldwide. We can guarantee that our black tights/leggings are of premium quality and a 100 % squat proof!
Black Shape Tights: ★★★★★
These tights are super lightweight and also squat proof. They feel like a second skin. I have done many workouts and also running in them. The high waist just holds in the right amount, true to size. They don't roll down and stay in place while working out.
06/13/2020 Black Shape Tights Kairi (Tartu, EE)
What To Look For In Black Tights:
- High-quality fabric: This makes the tights squat proof and non-see-through!
- High performance: Doesn't slip down – stays in place!
- Flexible: Unique 4-way stretch and recovery features.
Tights With Pockets
Tights with pockets are a godsend gift. Of course, we need pockets! No more sweaty cellphones in the cleavage while working out. BARA Sportswear has several different types of tights with pockets, both in regular black and with print. We also have pocket tights with zipping!
What To Look For In Tights With Pockets:
- The pockets are big enough to carry larger cell phones.
- The pocket is made of stretchy material to keep objects in or has a zipping.
High Waist Tights
We all love a good pair of high waisted tights. They're both flattering and body sculpting (shaping the curves where it counts!). High waisted leggings are also perfectly paired with a stylish sports bra or crop top for an effortless style – which can translate to casual everyday wear as well as gym attire. Keep in mind that a great pair of high waisted leggings should not restrict your movement!
What To Look For In High Waist Tights:
- The waistband needs to be stretchy, but not loose! Tights with a high waist should give you a natural hold in without being too tight or slipping down.
- Opportunity to fold down the waistband, in a comfortable way.
Tights for running
What to look for in tights for running? Well, we got a few tips:
- Compression: Designed to increase blood and lymphatic flow to the specified limb, compression wear is said to improve performance and shorten recovery time in both athletes and workout warriors when used post-exercise.
- Anti-shake fit
- Hold in and high waist – that stays in place!
Bonus for outdoor runners/night runners: Find a legging with reflectors to make sure you're more visible in the dark! Our Reflective Shape Tights is perfect for this use. Available in XS to XXXL!
Women's Yoga Pants and Leggings
A comfortable fit will make practising yoga truly meaningful and rewarding. You'll become more in tune with your body, new postures, and melt stressful thoughts away as you relax. Finding the right yoga pants doesn't have to be a hassle. With your newfound knowledge, you'll be able to find the perfect yoga pants for a powerful yoga experience.
What To Look For In Yoga Leggings:
- Waist: You'll find low-rise, mid-waist, and high-waist as options. Mid and high-waisted pants will complement curves and provide a flattering silhouette. A low-rise fit has a waistband that's up to two inches below the navel and is sometimes preferred by petite body types. All three options come in fashionable styles and provide varying amounts of coverage.
- Pant lengths: The main yoga legging lengths are full-length shorts. Shorts are great options for warm days or hot yoga classes. Full-length pants can be used as everyday leggings too.
- Design: Style! Women that crave a fashionable twist can find countless colours, prints, and trendy features like prints, pleated details or a classic legging with cool details.
- Comfortable Fit: The fit you choose depends on personal preference. Wear something that makes you feel confident and comfortable.
- Stretch: Look for leggings that are made with stretch fabrics. Stretch fabrics can either have 2-way or 4-way stretch. a 2-way stretch can stretch in one direction whereas a 4-way stretch can stretch horizontally and vertically. The stretchy fabric will give you a great range of movement. All of our leggings are made with 4-way stretch.