Do you skip breakfast in the mornings because you're busy?
When you feel overwhelmed by your schedule, and you're constantly racing from one appointment to the next, it's an incredibly popular decision to skip breakfast entirely. Mornings truly can be a race that we feel like we're constantly losing, so I understand the reasoning behind feeling like there's no time to have a breakfast. After all, when you're already scurrying around in a race against the clock, it seems like an impossibility to find a chance to sit down for breakfast, on top of everything else.
I've been there, too. We've all been there. I have certainly felt your confusion and frustration. I'm sure your mother told you that breakfast was the most important meal of the day, but in case you need another reminder... it's time to stop skipping breakfast!
Eating breakfast helps improve concentration, memory and even helps boost your mood. Trying a simple, healthy breakfast that works for your busy schedule is quite easy, and I'm going to show you how - so no more excuses for skipping breakfast.
But really - it's vital to find time to eat breakfast. You just went the entire night without eating, and you need to refuel your body for the day ahead. Breakfast is the perfect time to get in those important vitamins and nutrients your body needs to function well throughout the day.
Here are a few favourite healthy and simple breakfast ideas that fit perfectly into a busy schedule...
- Toast with avocado and an egg. This breakfast tastes great and can be made within a couple of minutes. The avocado is full of healthy fats, and the egg provides you with some protein you need to fuel your body well for the day.
- Fruit, nut and yogurt parfait. There are delicious plant-based yogurts out there that you must try if you haven't yet - search for local brands in your area. You simply layer up some yogurt, nuts, fruit, nut butter and honey to create a delicious breakfast full of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Make-ahead breakfast mini-muffins. When you have absolutely no time in the morning, prepare these ahead of time and even take them with you. Simply whisk some egg, spinach, other vegetables you desire into muffin tins, bake these at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, and they are ready to go.
- Overnight chia. Mix in oats, chia seeds, honey and some nut-milk into a jar and then leave it overnight in the fridge. You can add other ingredients you may desire to make this to your taste, like cacao powder, blueberries or peanut butter.
- Don't over-complicate it - that's exactly what causes the feeling of overwhelm that holds you back from eating breakfast daily. Get your healthy nutrition into you so you feel great all day.